Common Structure of the Tplink router
Most of the today’s generation routers are dual-band router. They support both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency. 2.4 GHz band is generally used for browsing the internet or sending emails and 5 GHz band is used for streaming videos or playing online games. You will have a WPS, reset, power, LAN ports, WAN port, and USB port on the router. Also, have LED lights to check the status of the router.
How to find the IP address of the Tplink router?
If you need to know the IP address of the Tplink router then there can be two situations for this. The first one is, if your router is installed by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) then you can get the IP address and login details from the ISP. If you have installed the router yourself then you can find it either on the bottom of the router or in the documentation that comes with the router. If you find it difficult to locate the IP address, chat with us live to know it.
Tplink wireless router setup
Follow the steps given below to setup your Tplink router.
- Connect your computer to one of the LAN ports on the router.
- Launch a web browser on your computer and type the IP address 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of the browser window.
- Hit the enter key. A login window prompts. Enter the login details of your Tplink router. Click on the submit button.
- Select tp link quick setup and follow the instructions thereafter.
By using this feature of your Tplink router, you can provide internet access to visitors or guests. If you have established a guest network then the guests cannot be able to access your main router’s network. They have separate username and password for the guest network. You can also configure your guest network for privacy and security.
How to establish a guest network for Tplink router?
We are explaining the steps here that you can follow to establish a guest network.
- Open a web browser in the computer system that is connected to your Tplink router’s network.
- Type tplinklogin.net in the address bar and hit enter key.
- Enter the login details and press the submit button.
- Go to advanced then guest network in the admin panel.
- Fill out the given fields by choosing options that you want in your guest network like network band, SSID, set security and set password for your guest network.
- After you have done all the above steps, click on the save button to save the settings you have made.
How can you change the settings of your Tplink guest network?
There are two options in the settings. You can allow your guest to see each other that mean one guest can see the other guest connected to the same network through their device name. You can also select the option allow my guest to access my local network. By this option, guests are able to communicate with the devices connected to the main network.
For this, you have to access tp link admin page and to open the admin page, enter the domain name tplinklogin.net in the browser window and enter the login details. Select advanced option then Guest Network. Go to settings and select the option for your guest network.
How to hard reset the Tplink router?
There are three methods by which you can perform the hard reset on your router. Hard reset is needed when you have forgotten the password for your router. Resetting will set the login details to default factory settings. After the hard reset, you can log into the router admin page by using the default credentials. The reset also works when network or signal is dropping off uncertainly.
- By using the browser interface of the router.
Open the web interface of the Tplink router and then enter the login details. After opening of configuration panel, go to system tools and then factory defaults. Press the reset button to perform the factory reset.
- By using the reset button existed on the router.
Locate the reset hole on your router and press it for 10 seconds or till status light starts blinking with a paper clip or pin. Release the hole and wait for the system reboot. This one is the easiest method of all. Make sure you use the enough small pin that is able to get into the reset hole.
- By using the 30-30 reset method
Use this method when the two methods mentioned above are failed to execute.
- Push the reset hole for 30 seconds with a paper clip and make sure your router is powered on.
- Hold the reset button and plug out the wire of the router and hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Hold the reset hole and power on the router again. Hold for another 30 seconds.