To keep your router secure & safe from other users, you must change its default router password. Every router comes with a default password, just like our router today i.e. Tplink router. Tplink router is one of the advanced routers which features various security features. Your router can’t be secured, even with the presence of various security features on your router, until you don’t change its default password. That is because, it is highly recommended to change the default router password as the default password can be known easily. Any user can check the manual and know what is your router’s default password? If you were not aware of this thing, today is your chance to know how to change your Tplink wifi router default password. We will ned to head over to the Tplink router’s default web address, which is tplinkwifi.net. This is because, without logging in to your router’s interface, you can’t change router password. So, we will provide you the steps, which will help you to change the Router password. Take a look at the steps given below & feel free to ask any question.
How to Login to Tplink Wifi Router Web Interface?
- Choose the connection you are using; wired or wireless.
- In case, you have a wireless connection, connect the router to the wireless network.
- Choose the TP-Link network from the Wi-Fi list displayed on your device & connect to it, by entering the wireless password. Here you need to keep one thing in mind, that router password & wifi network password is different. Don’t get them both confused.
- Wired connection user must connect an Ethernet cable to any of the LAN ports of your router from the LAN port of the PC.
- Next, launch a web browser on your device. Choose the browser which can support your Tplink wifi router.
- Now, enter the tplinkwifi.net, into browser’s address bar. Don’t forget to put http:// before the web address.
- Key in the default tplink router login credentials. By default, Tplink router uses Admin for both the fields.
Steps to Change Admin Password of Tplink Router
- Once you successfully login to your router’s interface, go ahead and visit Advanced settings.
- Under advanced settings, look for System Tools & then the Administration page
- When you reach the Administration page, locate the Account Management section.
- You will see a window of Account Management open in which you will be asked to put the old password & the fresh password, each once.
What If You Forget Tplink Router Customized Password?
This is quite a common issue. Tplink router users often customize their router password, and forget it later. In such a case, you can restore your device to its factory default settings. Once your device comes back to its factory default settings, you can use its default password again. Default password can be found on router label and or even in the manuals. One thing which you need to keep in mind when you resetting your device is that it gets automatically disconnected from the network. Not only does the router lose its customized settings, preferences and network devices you will find no previous setting, existing in the router. So we can only advice you. Before you take any step, it is recommended that you call in the experts like us which can help you with the same. We are available round the clock for your assistance.